IINTRODUCTION: It is the sub-ordinate office of Directorate General of Health services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India to ensure implementation of International Health Regulation (IHR) and Indian Aircraft (Public Health) Rules in N.S.C. Bose International Airport, Kolkata 700052. This organisation works under administrative and technical guidance of Public Health (International Health) section of Directorate General of Health Services, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
VISION: To prevent, protect against, control and provide a public health response to the international spread of disease in ways that are commensurate with and restricted to public health risks
1. To undertake effective surveillance activities on international travelers, aircraft, cargo, conveyance, goods, postal parcel, human remains so as to prevent the spread of diseases of internal concern.
2. To ensure a safe environment for travelers using point of entry facilities, including potable water supplies, eating establishments, flight catering facilities, public washrooms, appropriate solid and liquid waste disposal services and other potential risk areas.
3. To co-ordinate with all service providers and stake holders to ensure minimum core facilities requirement as per IHR, 2005.
1. Competent authority to implement IHR 2005 and Indian Aircraft (Public Health) Rules.
2. Authority for checking of baggage, cargo, containers, conveyances, goods, postal parcels and human remains departing and arriving are free of source of infections and contaminations including vectors and reservoirs.
3. Ensure as far as practicable, that facilities used by travelers at points of entry are maintained in a sanitary condition and are kept free of sources of infection or contamination including vectors and reservoirs (As per IHR)
4. Be responsible for supervision of any disinfection, disinsection or decontamination of baggage, cargo containers, conveyances, goods, postal parcels, human remains or sanitary measures as appropriate under these rule.
5. Be responsible for supervisions of removal and safe disposal of any contaminated water, food, human or animal excreta, waste water and other contaminated matter from a conveyance and airport premises.
6. Take all practicable measures consistent with these rules to monitor and control the potentially disease causing matter which might contaminate the airport.
7. Be responsible for supervision of services concerning travelers, baggages, cargo, containers, conveyances, goods, postal parcels and human remains at points of entry provided by the service providers including the conduct and inspections and medical examinations if necessary.
8. Have effective contingency arrangements to deal with an unexpected public health event.
9. Communicate with National IHR Focal Points on the relevant public health measures taken pursuant to these rules.
10. Health measures for travelers, baggages, cargo, containers, conveyances, goods, postal parcels and human remains arriving from an affected areas may consider reapplication on arrival, if there are verifiable indications and or evidence that the measures applied on departure from the affected areas were unsuccessful.
SERVICE STANDARDS :
||Health screening of air travelers for suspect
||As per IHR 2005 and Indian Aircraft Public Health Rule and guidelines from Dte.GHS, New Delhi
||Vector surveillance in Airport premises including aircrafts
||Inspection and appropriate health measures of Baggage, cargo , containers, conveyances, postal parcels, human remains for any suspect of public health risk
||Surveillance on cleanliness and sanitation in & around airport
||Surveillance of vector control activities done in & around airport
||Monitoring of food establishments for safe food and water
||Maintain of International vaccination centre for Y.F.
GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM :
1) Submission of grievances in writing to the Public Grievance Officer, Airport Health Organization, Kolkata.
(a) Name and Contact details of Public Grievance Officer: Dr P C Mandal, APHO, Kolkata
Phone No: 033-2511 9370 (Office), 033-25119044 (MI Room), Tele Fax- 033-2511 9370
Mobile No. 9831047763/8902497324
(b) Helpline Number: 033-2511 9370 (Office), Tele Fax- 033-2511 9370.
(c) Response to be expected by the person lodging the grievance: 6-8 Weeks.
(d) Timelines for redress: 6-8 weeks.
2) Online public grievance mechanism: through www.pgportal.gov.in
STATKEHOLDERS/CLIENTS: To prevent, protect against, control and provide a public health response to the international spread of disease in ways that are commensurate with and restricted to public health risks